Monday, October 3, 2011

What is with people?!

 I have heard so many stupid things in my lifetime. But sometimes it catches me off gaurd when I hear something so utterly moronic coming from an educated source. Like:
 
"Pregnant women should smoke to ease constipation."
 
Really? What the heck man?!
 
Let's just think about that for a moment............um no, they shouldn't smoke, no one should.
  
I'm so proud that I have never said anything quite THAT lame before. I'm also proud to be a non-kiss-ass. If I like my coworkers, lead workers, bosses, directors, it's because I actually like them, not because I want them to love me and promote me.
 
Don't get me wrong, I like to be liked. I feel like I've been pretty well liked throughout my life (with an expection or two thrown in there), and I want to keep that going. But I'm just saying I will not follow around people of authority/seniority just because I think I need to be a brown noser to get ahead.
 
I will not bake them homemade goods just because they sign my checks, I will not attend every party they throw just because I fear that if I don't they will hate me and make my life a living hell. I will not join them for their smoke breaks just so I can inhale toxins and be close to the person who controls my work life.
 
In other news, I am in love....with cream soda! lol. It reminds me of butterbeer, and there is nothing on this earth better than some Hogsmeade butterbeer from the Wizarding World or Harry Potter. I miss Orlando.
 
And I miss all/most of my amazing employees from FSU, you know who you are, no not you....how did you get a link to my blog?!
 
Which brings me to my last point. Where are all the girls? I don't want to date them, but I want to be friends with them. But to be fair I do usually get girl crushes (and just crushes on everyone i.e. last night I was watching these nerds on a national geographic show build and fly a house using balloons, like they did in the movie Up, and the math guy was SOOOOO adorable, I made Doug stop playing video games to show off my new crush). I need to get some cute girl friends (not girlfriends) quickly. I don't think Doug can handle all the girl talk vomit that is just pouring out of me.

1 comment: