Tuesday, August 30, 2011

The Dream Job

We arrived here on a Sunday, and were camping out in a hotel for a few days before our stuff arrived. On Tuesday I got a call from the Department of Human Services who wanted to set up an interview with me for Thursday. We were set to receive our belongings on Wednesday, so I thought, "perfect timing, YES!"

I scoped out the place it was the division of child support. This is what I went to College for (go Beavs!), its what I tried to find when I moved to Tallahassee. I was so nervous on my interview day that I was making myself sick.

I drove to this convenient location that was literally right across the street from Doug's Park and Ride drop off/pick up location (he commutes 2 hours a day to work in Los Alamos and we share one vehicle, so he used the Park and Ride bus that many professionals use to work in Los Alamos).

Four ladies interviewed me, they were relaxed, cracking jokes, and poking fun of each other. I was a little distracted by their playful chatter, I almost forgot I was being interviewed. I was only there for 30 minutes. I thought it went well, but really, who can judge, I thought all of my interviews had gone well in the past.

A week went by and I heard NOTHING. I was sure that I didn't get the job. I knew they had contacted my previous employer (see "How to Slap Your Boss" post), but that was DAYS ago. They must have called the references of a few different candidates and ruled me out.

I even started applying for assistant jobs...ugh, how I hate administrative assistant jobs, I always feel like there is better use of my time than doing that kind of work, but desperate times call for desperate measures. And the work is not beneath me, its just not my dream job.

Jacob found our crazy straw and decided to get CRAZY!





Today I got a call after 5pm, it was my dream job calling, I was in! WHOOOOHOOOOO! Now where is Jacob, I need to go dancin'! Oh, that's right, Tallahassee...boo.










In other news, while I was cutting my husbands hair on our back porch I got bit by a strange desert bug that I am apparently allergic to. About 48 hours later, and my eye was back to normal. This is what happens when you do nice things for your husband, nature punishes you.


It was a struggle trying to keep my eye open :(




1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness. See, I thought you were winking at me. Silly desert bugs.

    ReplyDelete