Tuesday, October 11, 2011

I have a crush on a every boy...

That's a quote from Teen Girl Squad, and if you haven't heard of TGS, then you need to go here, and check them out.

I do get crushes easily, my lastest infatuation is with Zooey Deschanel. Just look at her, she looks SOOOO good (another quote from Teen Girl Squad, seriously, you will need to go watch TGS before reading this blog entry). She is quirky, and cute, and not a whore. Those are qualities really hard to come by in Hollywood. She is my #1 girl crush (ok, maybe #2, Selma Hayek is and always will be my #1).


My second, and I think my longest (since 1996) crush, is Jakob Dylan of The Wallflowers. He's really easy on the eyes. Doug thinks he looks like a crack head, but I find his features (read: sunken in cheeks and puffy eyes) endearing. I met him once when I was 16 or 17 after one of his shows in Portland, OR, I could feel his facial stubble on my cheek as we posed for our picture, I'm pretty sure that is what heaven is going to feel like. He's also the son of Bob Dylan, and if you knew High School Ana, then you know I LOVE ME SOME BOB DYLAN!

He's undeniably gorgeous


Again, how can you argue with this?
I have a major theme going here, I dig people with dark hair and blue eyes, the contrast is gorgeous! My mother has blue eyes, and my father-in-law has blue eyes, so I'm pretty much banking on the fact that Doug and I will have blue eyed, brown haired children one day, yay!

I'm not 100% sure how genetics work, but I'm pretty sure I have like a 90% chance of cute kids.
For those of you that don't know me, I'm really not that stupid.

Note: My second longest (since 1997) crush goes to Conan O'Brien, I guess I have a thing for lanky, pale, nerdy, self depreciating guys too, swoon.

6 comments:

  1. bahahaha! TEEN GIRL SQUAD!!! My favorite line ever is "My blood hurts." My mom and I watched that together like...7 years ago and we still quote it at eachother. How did we never quote this together before??

    And Zooey is my true love!! For real. Her hair, her personality, her clothes....sigh. Love her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Lindy! How did we go so long without knowing the other was a TGS fan! I love "ARROW'D"! or "MSG'D", or "is my underwears showin...grood, I mean great, and good!"

    Right? Zooey is amazing in all ways!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do believe I was there for that cheek-stubble-bliss (and my Mom!) I was just thinking about that earlier today actually because I heard a song from there on Pandora. Also, Steve and I both read SOOOO GOOD outloud in the voice. You should watch the Homestar Runner Short "Drive thru".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Wanda, the first time I saw Jakob was with you (and mom) at the Last Chance Summer Dance in Portland! Those were some good times, we chatted with Art from Everclear, and got his autograph! But sadly, there was a chain link fence between Jakob and I, so the cheek stubble bliss was actually 4-5 years later.

    Doug bought me tickets, and we arrived 3 hours early got front row seats, and stayed after the show so that I could cheek the hell out of Jakob Dylan. Doug spent over 6 hours watching his gf drool over a rock star, that is a good bf!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So is Teen Girl Squad a movie? What is it exactly?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mary, first of all, I'm deeply saddened that you do not know of TGS. But you did know about Badger, Badger, Badger, Badger, Badger, Badger, Mushroom Mushroom (which is incidentally, the moment I fell in love with you!). TGS, is a series of short cartoons about teen girls. Its drawn in stick figures mostly, and its hilarious.

    There is The Cheerleader, So and So, Whatsherface, and the Ugly One! I highly recommend it.

    Its all through the voice and eyes of Strongbad, which is a homestar runner character, he's this mexican wrestler masked dude who wears boxing gloves, and he has popular segment on homerstarrunner.com that is basically an advice/Q&A session. Also, super hilarious.

    GO CHECK IT OUT!

    ReplyDelete