Tuesday, August 23, 2011

The graduation, the move, and the settling in

My last day working at the University was wonderful. My students all pitched in and bought me this awesome cake....with my face on it...it was creepy watching people eat my face and they made me lovely card! I loved my staff. I miss them dearly.


Doug graduated! his whole family came in to town to attend the ceremony, and then we took a short cruise to the Bahamas.
I'm not sure if that last part is correct because the passed few weeks have been a blur.

Then we drove, and drove, and drove! New Orleans was nice, it was a little dirtier than I was imagining, and I'd love to REALLY see the city instead of just stay there overnight.

Once we got into Texas, I was over the whole road trip thing. there were NO rest stops only picnic areas with no bathrooms (yeah, wtf is right!), and if you happen to stop at a random gas station, you are probably putting yourself at risk for contracting a communicable disease. Then there was Dallas, oh lordy how i hated Dallas, the traffic, the jerks that wouldn't let you merge, it was horrible!

The next day we were in New Mexico, it was weird. I felt like saying, "OK, when are we going back to Tallahassee?" I certainly didn't feel like we were moving there.

Despite some small hiccups like our management company leaving the balcony door open and flooding our loft/nerd area, and missing a table and box from our move, things have been pretty smooth.

I had an interview on Thursday of last week, for a job I actually want! We'll see how that goes.

I'm uber proud of my Dr. Doug. I will keep you all posted on any new developments. I think the long drive and proximity to witty people like The Wards has made my wit dry up. I will continue searching for the well of wit, but in the mean time, send me all of your good luck vibes for this job.



That's Doug in his PhD robe/hood and his Harry Potter wand.
Our colors are garnet and gold...Go Gryffindor, errr..I mean, Noles

Peace,
Ana

2 comments:

  1. I'll make a witty blog post this weekend that will inspire and encourage.

    Oh, and I chased all the hobos off your porch tonight. You're welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cross country drive is ROUGH. My Dad likes to take us that route to Arizona. And, no matter how dearly I love Texas personally--driving through it is awful.
    But, that graduation picture is to die for. Yay!

    ReplyDelete