Friday, December 16, 2011

The Story of Doug and Ana

It's our 5 year anniversary, y'all!
That felt so unnatural...

December 16th, 2006, a pretty awesome day in history.
Doug and I met whilst I was singing as a 2nd Soprano in Twilighters (way before Twi-hards everywhere started calling themselves the same). He was the sound guy, it was his job to make me sound awesome and the rest of the group too (also to turn off the mics of those who oversang the crap out of everything).

That was awkward me, in the 2nd Soprano T-Shirt and some of my awesome singing buddies (I love you guys).
 Doug wanted to ask me out, but he didn't have my digits, so he asked my good friend Jana if he could get my number, and then Jana called me immediately to let me in on what was going on. What a good friend.

I was sort of flirting (me, a flirt, no way) with this other guy at the time that Doug asked me out, but to be fair as soon as Doug asked me to be his girlfriend I stopped writing notes, and made sure the other dude didn't walk me to class anymore.
We went to a local Japanese restuarunt, that is undoubtably not there anymore, called Kame. They gave us chopsticks instead of American flatware! Sadly, I asked for a fork.....

I'm skilled with chopsticks now, just 16 year old Ana was not that coordinated.

It was a double date, so we all went back to Doug's place, to his makeshift bedroom in his parents garage that was lovingly referred to as "The Box", because it was literally, a box (a livable box though, not like a cardboard box or anything), oh and it was painted pink (Blushing Bride to be exact).

Doug and I @ Winter Formal

We were all talking about watching a movie, so we decided to watched American History X. Which coincidentally is not a good first date movie. After the curb stomping scene I told Douglas I needed to get home becuase of some fake curfew that my Dad never gave me, and Doug drove me home. But really, I just didn't want to cry my eyes out on our first date. It's a good movie though.

And with that small goodnight kiss was born our undying love for each other. Not really, we broke up (for like 5 days) right before prom, but we rekindled our love and have been together ever since (and yes we ended up going to prom together as a couple).
Happy Anniversary Doogle!

Side note: Happy 2nd Birthday Buddy, you are so adorable! Look at that face....now stop stinking like vomit, and we will have it made. Or maybe I should say, stop eating rocks, dirt and twigs!


Young Buddy
 
I love December, its full with my Anniversary Christmas parties, potlucks, Secret Santa's and best of all Christmas! Happy December everyone! And thank you Jana for giving Doug my phone number.

XOXO, Ana

No comments:

Post a Comment